15 February 2010

Amoxicillion upload...



























In the middle of last week I could feel myself going down with something...you know the feeling, a tickle in the back of your throat and a slight congestion on the chest but I wasn't going to miss the Rycotewood event for all the tea in china. Even though I was feeling a bit rough, it was the right decision...paying for it now though, with interest.














I got there about 8.30 on Saturday and set up the UKWorkshop stall and sorted out all the stuff I'd brought. It was just as well I'd got a parking slot at the back of the workshop as the gear I'd lugged in weighed a ton!

Robert Ingham was there as well so I had a chat with him about a forthcoming project of mine in the not too distant future...what I wanted to do was to pick his brains on some of his methods of construction, which proved very useful.

















He also had his latest project (the box) and while you may not appreciate the distinctive design, the quality of the workmanship is simply staggering...I have no idea or understanding of what he does most of the time...

3 comments:

Mitchell said...

I appreciate both the quality of workmanship this box displays and your acknowledgement that not all may like its design.

Kari Hultman said...

Wow! He takes precision to a whole new level.

Woodbloke said...

Kari - Robert is amazing. He does 'wood engineering' (much stuff is done on metalwork lathes etc) rather than 'woodwork'...his work is generally produced to a tolerance of 0.1mm, especially sawing on the Felder dimension saw!