30 May 2009

Rejuvination
















I had a really good ride into town this morning on the 'Blokebike' and sorted out the last remaining couple of bits and pieces for the Frame Saw, namely a small bit of 4mm silver steel for the blade carrier plates and a length of 6mm studding. Once it was completed in the shop I wound on some tension...I'm now pleased that I changed the original material from mahogany to ash as the tension on the blade is quite surprising. I tested it out on a trial cut on some softwood and it did work very well. It's now racked out in a spare slot in the 'shop.
Amongst all the other bits and pieces on my expedition this morning, I bought a small pot of Vaseline as despite frantic searches in all the 'crooks and nannies' in the 'shop, my old pot has dismally failed to materialize and unless I'm very much mistaken, it's now sporting a 'Stars and Stripe' on the jar...

You'll note though, that I don't intend to let the new tub get spirited away......

2 comments:

The Village Carpenter said...

Lovely job on the frame saw! And regarding your vaseline slipping away on its own--you might want to keep the new jar under lock and key. ; )

Anonymous said...

The frame saw looks great, Rob. I look forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Cheers ;-)

Paul Chapman